Saturday, January 23, 2010

Afro American Hair Salons in Germany?

Hello,


I will be relocating to Germany and would be in need of a good black hair salon. A reputable one that takes care of the hair and does not just give me a style. I have close to shouldre lenght natural (no relaxor) hair. I usually wear it in double strand twist w/o weave. I don't prefer weave because it tends to cause more damage to my hair. Can anyone help please. I will be located in the Schweinfurt area, but will travel.








ThanksAfro American Hair Salons in Germany?
I am in Germany currently and contemplating a move here. The previous poster is pulling your leg, I think.





However, what does seem to be true is that there aren't very many places to get your hair done, here. Further there aren't many stores that offer boutique brand hair supplies (i.e. Curls, Carol's Daughter, Myhoneychild, etc.) and the products that I have seen aren't quality (i.e. they have petroleum etc. in them). I haven't seen many healthy heads of relaxed hair and besides braids, I haven't seen anyone other than myself wearing natural styles.





I think its telling that most of the ';afro'; salons have weave in the windows or their websites have pictures of white ladies getting extensions. If you are adventurous, you might try inquiring about the US military bases or in the larger cities. IF you are really willing to travel, I would suggest a plane trip to London. There are lots of salons there, I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment