Friday, January 22, 2010

Anyone find beauty salons slightly intimidating?

I (and my best friend) think that beauty salons can be slightly intimidating.





Maybe it's the slightly ';medical'; feel of the uniforms, or the fact that the staff always seem to look better than you do, or maybe it's just the fact that you have to be half-naked (or even totally naked) there :)





Does anyone else feel like that?Anyone find beauty salons slightly intimidating?
The staff at beauty salons try on purpose to intimidate you. First off, many of their regular clientelle are intimidating themselves--rich housewifes with nothing much to do but get their hair and nails done. So the staff tries to come across as sophisticated and beautiful in order for you to feel that they are worth all the money they are going to charge you.


It may make you feel a little more comfortable if you try to keep in mind that typically the staff has little more than a high school diploma and then beauty school education. They are not necessarily intelligent, but rather trade educated. (Hopefully.) And they are not necessarily well-paid. And we all know that tons of makeup and perfectly coiffed hair can turn even the most homely girl into a ';Cosmo Girl';. So you and your friend should hold your heads high. Behind all the lipstick and perfume is really just normal women trying their best to look their best. And lastly, if you are friendly with them and they just won't let their guard down, I would suggest going somewhere else. You're paying money for the service--it should be a comfortable experience where you can speak freely about the services you expect and enjoy yourself. (P.S. My mother was a hairdresser-I speak from experience.)Anyone find beauty salons slightly intimidating?
No.
When I go to a new beauty salon I do feel a bit apprehensive.


They never do my hair the way I want, they start cutting etc then go out for lunch or something and I just don't like that. I now have a great Beautician and I pray she will live forever!
Why would you have to be naked at a salon...? What kind of salon are you going to...





Maybe you should go to a HAIR salon... try that.
no i dont
Of course they seem intimidating, I would recomend that your friend and yourself go together to take the edge off.
Yes, they can be! Especially high-end ones because you walk in and its like everybody immediatly looks at you! Its like your being judged on how you look coming in. You kind of question what they are thinking! They could not be thinking anything, or they could be thinking ';Wow, that person looks horrible--they need to be fixed up';! LOL! I'm sure thats not always the case, but sometimes some salons can really make you feel that way!
Nope i don't feel intimidating at all. I feel good about myself and am not self conscious. I am a very confident person so someone looking better than me doesn't intimidate me i say more power to them. We can't control our face/body features but we can try to make it look better by taking good care of our bodies and self.
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment